JOSEPH HAUSS LLC, BREATH HAUSS, JOEYHAUSS.COM AND BREATHHAUSS.COM
Last Updated: January 2, 2024
- Visit our website(s) at http://joeyhauss.com, http://breathhauss.com, or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice ("Site")
- Download and use our mobile application (BREATH HAUSS), or any other application of ours that links to this privacy notice
- Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
2. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
3.WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
4. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
5. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
7. GOOGLE ADS & ANALYTICS
8. AFFILIATE LINKS
9. PASSWORD PRIVACY
10. CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (CalOPPA")
11. CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT ("COPPA")
12. CAN-SPAM ACT OF 2023
13. GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION ("GDPR") RIGHTS
14. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
15. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
16. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE TO US:
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Services, express an interest in containing information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Services, or otherwise when you contact us.
Personal Information Provided by You: The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- email addresses
- phone numbers
- mailing addresses
- billing addresses
- contact preferences
- debit/credit card numbers
Payment Data: We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number, and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by Stripe, PayPal, Apple, and Kajabi. You may find their privacy notice link(s) here: https://stripe.com/privacy, https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/privacy-full, https://www.apple.com/privacy/, https://legal.kajabi.com/policies/privacy
Application Data: if you use our application(s), we also may collect the following information if you choose to provide us with access or permission:
- Push Notifications: We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or certain features of the application(s). If you wish to opt out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device's settings.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our application(s), for troubleshooting, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
3 b. INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED:
In Short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLS, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Through the use of the Site, the Company may use data collection technology, such as Google Analytics and Kajabi website tracking (hereinafter referred to as the “Data Collection Companies”), to collect information related to your use of the Site. Generally speaking, this includes information about your geographic location and Site behavior. The Data Collection Companies also provide us with information about what type of device or software you use, your IP address (with location information), and whether you view the Site on mobile, tablet, or desktop. We collect this information for statistical purposes only and to improve the viewer experience.
2. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent.
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our Services including:
- To facilitate account creation and authentication and otherwise manage user accounts. We may process your information so you can create a log in to your account, as well as keep your account in working order.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may process your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service.
- To send administrative information to you. We may process your information to send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information.
- To request feedback. We may process your information when necessary to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may process the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time.
- To deliver targeted advertising to you. We may process your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising tailored to your interests, location, and more.
- To identify usage trends. We may process information about how you use our Services to better understand how they are being used so we can improve them.
- To determine the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns. We may process your information to better understand how to provide marketing and promotional campaigns that are most relevant to you.
- To save or protect an individual's vital interest. We may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual's vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
3. WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We only process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e., legal basis) to do so under applicable law, like with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services to enter into or fulfill our contractual obligations, to protect your rights, or to fulfill our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in the EU or UK, this section applies to you.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e., consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a Contract. We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legitimate Intetests. We may process your information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and those interests do not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal information for some of the purposes described in order to:
- Send users information about special offers and discounts on our products and services
- Develop and display personalized and relevant advertising content for our users
- Analyze how our Services are used so we can improve them to engage and retain users
- Support our marketing activities
- Understand how our users use our products and services so we can improve user experience
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety or any person.
If you are located in Canada, this section applies to you.
We may process your information if you have given us specific permission (i.e., express consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose, or in situations where your permission can be inferred (i.e., implied consent). You can withdraw your consent at any time.
In some exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted under applicable law to process your information without your consent, including, for example:
- If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
- For investigations and fraud section and prevention
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to access, process, or settle an insurance claim
- For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be victim of financial abuse
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach or an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records
- If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes
- If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations
4. Sharing of Personal Information
In general, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to outside (third) parties except for the following purposes:
- In order to comply with an investigation, law enforcement inquiry, government entities, courts, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for legal and/or safety purposes.
- Trusted third-party service providers who assist us in operating our website or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- Social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc., that offer functionalities and services to use their services through our website (i.e., pinning an image to Pinterest, sharing a link to Facebook). If you use those functionalities on the Site, your information will be shared with those platforms to complete those functions and activities.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. If you make your personal information available to third parties through our Site, Courses, Services, and/or Products, Joseph Hauss LLC is not responsible for any unauthorized use by that third party.
It's also important to note that we do allow third-party behavioral tracking. For more information on what this entails, please see section 3.
7 b. Links to Third-Party Sites
Occasionally, at our discretion, JoeyHauss.com may contain links to third-party websites that are not under our control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about any issues you experience with linked-to sites by emailing us at [email protected].
5. Protection of Personal Information
We aim to make your visit to our Site as safe as possible. The Site uses commercially acceptable methods of security protection to protect your information. The Site performs regular security audits through our development platform, Kajabi, LLC. For more information on their practices, go here: https://kajabi.com/policies/vulnerability-disclosure-program.
We also use a SSL certificate and never transmit your credit card information by email.
Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the Personal Information confidential. By viewing, using, or purchasing on or from the Site, Courses, Services, and/or Products, you acknowledge that Joseph Hauss LLC and its staff and independent contractors may access your Personal Information.
In addition, all sensitive credit card or payment information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your Personal Information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
8 b. Payments
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Site. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g., payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/privacy
- PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
7. Google Ads & Analytics:
Google's Advertising Principles can sum up Google's advertising requirements. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for you. We are not currently using Google Ads on the Site, although this may change in the future.
We have implemented the following through Google Analytics: Demographics and Interests Reporting.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
To Opt-Out of Google Ads: You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add-on.
8. Affiliate Links:
Our Site may include affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission on any purchases made through those links. This does not affect the price you pay for the product and does not influence our opinions or reviews.
We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
9. Password Privacy:
While using the Site, Courses, Services, and/or Products, you may create a username and/or password for login. It is your responsibility to keep the username and password safe. You are also responsible for any actions that occur through your username/password, whether completed by you directly or through the use of your account. You shall notify us immediately by email at [email protected] of any unauthorized use of your login information or any other security breach. Please log out at the end of each session to prevent any unauthorized use of your account or login information.
You may not share your username/password or login information with anyone. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damages as a result of your failure to protect your login information or your unauthorized sharing.
10. California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”):
Pursuant to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users cannot visit our site anonymously.
1. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”):
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you are not permitted to enter any Personal Information on the Site.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us, please contact us at [email protected], and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
12. CAN-SPAM Act of 2003:
The CAN-SPAM Act is a U.S. law which establishes rules for commercial email messages, gives you the right to stop certain commercial emails from being sent to you, and outlines certain penalties for commercial entities or persons who violate the law.
We collect your email address and name so we can:
Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
Process orders and send information and updates pertaining to course, product, or service orders.
Send you additional information related to your course, product, and/or service.
Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to you after the original transaction has occurred.
Email you a newsletter with free information and advertising certain Products, Services, and/or Courses we offer.
In accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act, we agree to the following:
We will not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
We will identify the email message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
We will include our business mailing address and/or physical address in our emails.
We will monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance. We use Kajabi to send our emails to you.
We will honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
We will allow users to unsubscribe by using the appropriate link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at Joseph Hauss at [email protected] or follow the instructions at the bottom of any email you receive from us, and we will promptly remove you from future correspondence(s). However, unsubscribing from one list or set of emails may not unsubscribe you from receiving ALL future emails from us. If you experience any problems unsubscribing, please email Joseph Hauss at [email protected], and we will promptly handle your removal.
13. General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") Rights
If you are located within the European Union ("EU"), you are entitled to certain rights under the GDPR. You have the right to:
Know how long we'll keep your information. We'll keep your personal information until the earlier of: (1) you either ask us to delete your information or (2) the Company decides it no longer needs the data and the cost of retaining it outweighs the value of keeping it.
Access, rectify, or erase your personal information.
Withdraw your consent to the Company's processing of your data, which shall have no effect on the lawfulness of the processing of your personal information prior to your withdrawal.
Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over GDPR issues.
Provide only your personal information, which is reasonably required to enter into a contract with us. The Company will not ask for your consent to provide unnecessary personal information on the condition of entering into a contractual relationship with the Company.
14. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
15. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
If the Personal Information we have collected about you is incorrect or incomplete in any way, or you would like to update what we have, please contact Joseph Hauss at [email protected]. We will make the appropriate corrections when notified, as long as the corrections requested to be made are not incorrect or fraudulent in any way.